Note: This guide may contain spoilers.
Synopsis: A zombie apocalypse threatens the sleepy town of Little Haven – at Christmas – forcing Anna and her friends to fight, slash and sing their way to survival, facing the undead in a desperate race to reach their loved ones. But they soon discover that no one is safe in this new world, and with civilization falling apart around them, the only people they can truly rely on are each other. (Source: IMDb)
MPAA Rating: R
Estimated Self-Censored Rating Using Full Guide: R (The film is still has a good amount of profanity)
- Blood (9)
- 00:17:31-00:17:36 A zombie is shown with a bloody wound on his forehead and blood coming from his ear.
- 00:30:37-00:31:18 A decapitated zombie head is shown trying to bite twice.
- 00:46:48 While the main characters are hiding under a flipped over plastic pool blood is shot all over the top of the pool.
- 00:51:23 Zombies covered in blood are shown eating someone’s intestines.
- 00:59:55 John (Malcolm Cumming) is bit on the hand and it shows the skin pull away and blood from it.
- 01:02:50 Zombies are shown in the school eating someone’s guts.
- 01:03:30-01:05:40 Zombies are shown with blood all over their faces repeatedly. You will miss Savage’s (Paul Kaye) song “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Me Now.”
- 01:23:48-01:23:58 Zombie John is shown with a trail of guts leading from his body.
- Once the zombies show up the main characters have blood on their faces and clothes through the rest of the movie.
- Graphic Violence (8)
- 00:26:25-00:30:25 Zombies are shown attacking the neighborhood. One man is shown falling from a second floor window. A zombie is bashed on the head with a hammer. A car is covered with blood from the inside. A baby in a stroller is eaten by a zombie. A victim is shown with his intestines hanging out. A zombie in a snowman costume is covered in blood. This zombie attacks Anna (Ella Hunt) and John. Anna decapitates the zombie using a seesaw. Blood shoots from the neck after the decapitation. Skipping this will result in missing the song “Turning My Life Around.”
- 00:36:25-00:36:46 Steph (Sarah Swire) bashes Mrs. Hinzmann’s (Janet Lawson) head in the toilet seat, spraying blood all over the stall.
- 00:37:08-00:38:49 John smashes a zombie head between two bowling balls and blood explodes out of the back of the head. Steph stabs another zombie through the head with a spatula and blood pours out of its mouth. A third zombie is decapitated by the pin resetting machine. The head rolls out of the ball return machine. The final zombie is stabbed through the head with a mop by John.
- 00:49:01-00:51:05 One zombie is killed by homemade claws. Nick (Ben Wiggins) kills one with a bat to the head. Many zombies are beaten to death. Blood splatters Nik and his friends repeatedly. Skipping this will result in missing Nick’s song “Soldier at War.”
- 01:00:31-01:01:05 John sacrifices himself to save Anna and is torn apart by zombies.
- 01:01:25-01:01:36 Anna kills a group of zombies with a giant candy cane and blood splatters.
- 01:13:18-01:15:02 Steph stabs a zombie in the head with a knife. Lisa (Marli Siu) is bitten on the shoulder and the skin tears away to show the open wound. Chris (Christopher Leveaux) is bitten on his arm. The two of them accept their fate and prepare to die.
- 01:15:31-01:20:09 Anna stabs a zombie in the head with the candy cane spike. She takes out many zombies with the candy cane. Savage is hit into the horde and torn to pieces. Anna’s dad (Mark Benton) is bitten on the leg and accepts his fate. By skipping this you will miss the song “Give Them a Show.”
- Homophobia (1)
- 00:12:39 Nick and his friends throw trash at Steph and call her “Annie Lennox” as an insult, because she is a lesbian.
- Current Situation/ COVID-19
- The entire film is set into motion because of an unknown viral pandemic that was originally thought to be a new flu. This evolves and turns people into flesh craving zombies. You may not want to watch a pandemic themed film this holiday season.
This guide was completed by Robby Moore, a film lover/critic in Pleasant Grove, Utah.